Jurist, Emili specializes in NGOs management and international cooperation. With over 20 years’ experience, in the last 14 years, he worked in the Fundación Ayuda en Acción, in the co-funding, programs and branch coordination departments.
He has been actively involved in second-level organizations like the Fede.cat, where he was a member of the Incidence Committee and the Board of Directors. Likewise, he was a member of the Cooperation Committee at the Barcelona Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados), and of the Cooperation Council at the Barcelona City Council.
He has been a volunteer in several social organizations, like the Fundación Acogida y Esperanza and the Fundación Basida.
Beforehand, he was counsel to the company Asesoría medioambiental y Ecoauditoría, counsel to the Banco Central Hispanoamericano, and Secretary and Project Coordinator of Juristas sin Fronteras (“Lawyers Without Borders”).
He has experience monitoring projects in Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Mexico, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Vietnam, and Ethiopia.
Main milestons achieved:
- Over € 15 million co-funded by several public administrations and entities.
- Over 80 projects and programs co-funded and implemented with over 90% accomplishment of their goals and results.
- Over € 1.5 million co-funded in humanitarian action.
- Over € 500,000 co-funded in development education, and over € 300,000 co-funded for gender equality programs.
- Ten final assessments of co-funded projects with positive reports.
- Implementation of two multi-year gender equality programs.
- Non-Sexist Communication Award by the Catalan Women Journalists Association (ADPC), awarded to the Fundación Ayuda en Acción for the communication campaign Muévete por la igualdad. Es de justicia. (“Move for Equality: It’s only Fair”).
- Contributor to the Barcelona City Council 2013-2016 Master Plan for Development Cooperation, Solidarity and Peace.
- Contributor to the rules governing subsidies to the Barcelona City Council and the Catalan Agency for Cooperation, from the Catalan government.
- Opening and start-up of the program “Atención socioeducativa a la infancia a través de las escuelas” in Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.
- Translator and editor of the Catalan version of the book El Sida: un problema global, una solución global. (“AIDS: A global problem, a global solution.”)
- Co-author of the book Obligaciones y responsabilidades ambientales de la empresa. (“Environmental duties and accountability of businesses.”)