Lawyer and social communicator. Human rights advocate. Expert in development, gender and cooperation clusters. Extensive professional experience in business management and development cooperation. Developer and promoter of the gender and human-rights-based approach.
Professional experience in the private sector, public administrations, and in international institutions and foundations.
She is currently a founding partner of Coop4equality, external contributor to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), secretariat member of the Global Alliance Media and Gender (GAMAG EUROPA), board member of LA INDEPENDENT, news agency with a gender vision, and professor of the “Communication and gender” master’s program at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB).
In the past, she was Managing Director of Cooperation in the Catalonia Government; Director of the Catalan Agency for Development Cooperation, CEO of Custo Barcelona, coordinator of the regional branches and director of the NGO Fundación Ayuda en Acción of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands; special member of the Board of gender and communication in the Federació Catalana de ONGD, Director of External Relations at the 2004 Barcelona Universal Forum of Cultures, and banking director at the BBVA.
Experienced in business projects in Chile, Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea; experienced in cooperation projects in Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, Honduras, Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, , Senegal, RD del Congo, South Sudan, Central African Republic, Morocco, Tunisia and Palestine.
Main milestones achieved:
- Integrating the gender vision in policies, plans and actions both in the public and in the private sector.
- Incorporating the concept and methodology of the Human-Rights-based approach into the gender approach in Catalan cooperation.
- The promoter of the coherence in public cooperation policies, both in the internal and the external areas.
- The developer of the cooperation clusters.
- Leading the first awareness and political incidence campaigns advocating women’s rights in Catalonia.
- Implementing the CEDAW and the Beijing Platform in cooperation strategies.
- Incorporating the UN 1325 resolution in the Catalan Public Cooperation.
- Incorporating the gender perspective in communication plans.
- Sponsorship of the 2004 Barcelona Universal Forum of Cultures.